Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nisargadhama, Coorg, Karnataka


Nisargadhama Nature Park is 3 km from Kushal Nagar. If I had a chance to meet the brain behind this park I would certainly go after that person for an autograph for such a brilliant idea….Its an island formed by the Cauvery River. A nature park and I would say a unique sanctuary…Entry fee Rs 10 for adult....To enter the park one has to cross river through a hanging bridge , there is a new stronger version  build, since it was under maintenance I was forced to use the old shaky one somehow i felt at ease over it . As I crossed I could see paddle boats fleeted  all set for a ride…


Bamboo forms the major part of the park though I could see few teak here and there. All plants and trees are named with their common and scientific names for the benefit of the visitors and there are sign boards every where leading to River, Deer park, Ayurvedic spa, Elephant ride, cafeteria ,public toilets and shops which sold honey and handicrafts (don’t even think of buying them for they are atrociously costly)   … 
There are cottages available for tourists for stay...There are tree houses swings and bamboo shelter all over to sit relax and enjoy the nature ..I could spot deer and rabbit though not other animals listed in the notice…Though the sun was scorching the walk was enjoyable...


There were stone pavement to walk around…When I couldn't spot animals sitting on one of the tree houses everything seemed artificial….Elephant safari is  the highlight of the park they charge a nominal Rs25 per person,which lasts for 10 minutes around …
Deer in the park seemed quite used to the visitors..There is a shop adjacent to the deer park selling tender cucumber,roasted groundnut..I saw many of them buying tender cucumber to feed the deer..You can feed the Elephant too. The place is extremely well maintained.


 I  stepped into the shallow river..It was so cool looking around on the bank of Cauvery every looks picturesque….I think weekend might get crowded.. Every thing right from the hanging garden made the place such a pleasant treat…My next destination - Dubare Elephant camp…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...